- Lower fund set up and running costs than other fund jurisdictions
- Set up and licensing of funds in the shortest possible time
- No taxes for non-resident investors
- Member of the European Union
- EU passport for Cyprus fund managers
- Favourable tax system with a low 12.5% corporate tax rate
- Wide network of double tax treaties
- Legal system based on English Common Law
- High quality of professional accountants and lawyers
- Ease of doing business
- Ideal living and working environment
- Cyprus is fully compliant with EU laws
- The legal framework is harmonised with related EU directives, such as UCITS VI, AIFMD and MiFID II is under consideration.
- Cyprus fully complies with EU and OECD standards on anti-money laundering and insider dealing, favourably rated by MONEYVAL.
- Funds, Fund Managers and Investment Firms are all regulated by one regulator, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC).
- Tax Information Exchange
- In respect of FATCA, Cyprus has signed a Model 1 IGA with the USA and was one of the first countries to agree with the OECD to implement CRS for the automatic exchange of tax information.